The Court House

The Wyalong Court House was built in 1900 and displays the Federation style, the building exemplified everything that was new to architecture at the time and is typical of country court houses designed by Walter Liberty Vernon (the Government Architect of the day).
Although there are a number of similar court houses located throughout the southern tablelands, few display the degree of intactness exhibited by the Wyalong Court House. Specific elements of the buildings include the ventilation system which is considered to be quite rare and of high significance.
The first case was against Mr Charles Anderson for forging a cheque for £4. Cases ceased to be heard in the Court House by the late 80’s.
The Bland District Historical Society with the support of Bland Shire Council moved into the Museum in May 2011. The Society was established in 1965 and has displayed objects and stories relevant to the birth of Wyalong and district.
The Bland District Historical Society’s aim is to provide a collection of local history of the district, for the enjoyment, education and enrichment of visitors to the Museum. The collections include the Court Room in its original state, war memorabilia as well as honour rolls, music items and the local fire brigade history is also on show.